Friday 1 February 2013

Kotoura-san episode 1 - First review.WTH!?

When I first saw the promo picture and saw how the character looks.I thought it was going to be some kind of a comedy 4-coma anime adaption which I don't really care much.It was already in the drop zone,But then I found out I don't really have any other anime to watch except Psycho-Pass,Robotic;Notes and Shin Sekai Yori.So I download it and watch it and......



 
Where in the hell did this come from.

I wasn't expecting a whole 10 minutes of non-stop ZETSUBOU! And not only that It also involves in ESP.Sorry Kotoura-san I've misjudged you.My humble apology.

Kotoura-san definitely took me by surprise.Surely they don't seem to have the budget to make a high quality anime with bishounen shoujo character design and jaw dropping animation like SAO,as long as they know how to tell the stories.I think that's another reason why Kotoura-san got their charms.This is quite similar to Madoka Magica where I thought it was going to be a generic magical girl anime with Hidamari Sketch character design behind it,but what I didn't know was the dark twist behind  Butch Gen story writing.(This is also where I first start taking notice of anime studio stuff.and learn all about Shaft.They're amazing)

I also like the moment where the scene was in this grey filter and when Kotoura tries to read the main male lead mind and all she get's all this purple goofy wobbly creatures popping out in his mind that was fucking hilarious.And after that the whole grey filter breaks like mirror and into a colorful scene.The effect is really good and I like the contrast between the gloomy grey into a Cheerful color.I also like Kotoura and the Main male lead,Manabe combo.Manabe is actually quite likable too.The scene where Kotoura was going to avoid him and Manabe tries to fantasize Kotoura naked with his perverted mind to bring Kotoura back was great that I can call him a genius.

Overall I would say at least give Kotoura-san a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment